Guidance for Visiting West Yorkshire Archives during Covid-19: Keeping our building Covid Secure
We are pleased to be able to welcome you back to the West Yorkshire Archive Service. We are offering a limited service to visitors who need to access our original documents for their research. All visitors are required to book their visit and order documents in advance.
For the continued safety of our staff and visitors West Yorkshire Archive Service are asking visitors to continue to follow these guidelines:
- Please wear a mask in our search rooms and public spaces
- Please continue to social distance when approaching staff and other service users
- Please wash your hands regularly
Why are we asking you to do this?
- There are continuing high rates of infection and transmission in parts of West Yorkshire.
- We carefully risk assess our buildings and in some spaces we cannot provide adequate ventilation through open windows or air conditioning so keeping distance and wearing masks is the best alternative.
- The government vaccination programme is still being rolled out and many people are not yet fully vaccinated.
- It’s important to us that all our staff and visitors stay well so that we can continue to deliver the best service that we can, while minimising interruptions to service that may be caused by reduced staffing or the need to self-isolate.
We want visitors, staff and volunteers to feel safe inside our buildings.
Thank you for helping us do this
We are reviewing our guidelines regularly as we move through the next stage of the Pandemic.
For information on visiting a specific office please go to the page for that office:
Bradford , Calderdale , Kirklees , Leeds , Wakefield
Please keep an eye out for updates on our social media channels and website.
If you would like to contact us to ask a question, deposit archives, make a comment or give feedback regarding our services then we would love to hear from you. You can get in touch in a number of ways detailed below.
For any general enquiries our first point of contact is email@example.com. If you are in any doubt about who the best person to contact is please use this email address and we will ensure it is passed on to the correct person.
Please send all postal enquiries to:
West Yorkshire Archive Service, West Yorkshire Joint Services, Nepshaw Lane South, Morley, Leeds, LS27 7JQ
Individual office contacts
Please see individual office contact pages for further information on records and collections, facilities and opening times.
Other useful contacts
You can also find out what we're up to on Twitter, Facebook, our blog, Flickr and YouTube.
Group Talks and Workshops
A range of talks are available to groups and organisations who would like to find out more about our Archive Service. In our talks we aim to explain the work we do and help to raise public awareness of our collections and expertise. We offer many different talks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide any requirements you may have for a talk or a workshop in more detail and the relevant department or member of staff will help to advise you.