Businesses must ensure all products placed on the market are ‘safe’. A strong understanding of the essential safety requirements affecting your business is imperative for legal compliance, improving your product and for the protection of consumers.
West Yorkshire Trading Standards can provide detailed, targeted advice on product safety in your industry. We can provide valuable information on the integration of safety controls minimizing the risk to the end user, from the design through to production and placing on the market.
Importers, distributers and retailers are all effected by product safety laws. We can identify your businesses position and clarify your legal obligations whilst advising on due diligence precautions to safe guarding your business.
• The principles relating to safety in your industry, associated standards and legislation
• Identify Domestic and European requirements
• Advise on CE marking and certificates of conformity
• Risk analysis
• Risk management
• Product recall procedures
• Product testing and scheduling
• Due diligence systems
• Product verification and validation.
• Understanding the principles relating to safety in your industry, associated standards and legislation
• Identifying Domestic and European Requirements
• Managing product safety incidents
• Reducing your reputational risk