West Yorkshire Materials Testing Service carries out testing on protective clothing, gloves and materials. We are UKAS accredited for a number of performance standards and test methods examples of which are outlined below:
• EN ISO 11612 - Protective clothing against heat and flame
• EN ISO 11611 - Protective clothing for welding and allied processes
• EN ISO 14116 - Protective clothing against heat and flame (limited flame spread materials, material assemblies and clothing)
• EN ISO 20471 - High visibility clothing
• EN 1150 - High visibility clothing
• EN 1149 - Protective clothing with electrostatic properties
• EN 469 - Protective clothing for firefighters.
• EN 420 - General Requirements
• EN 388 - Protective gloves against mechanical risks
• EN 407 - Protective gloves against thermal risks (heat and/or fire)
• EN 12477 - Protective gloves for welders.
CE marking is a mandatory conformity marking for certain products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We carry EC type certification for CE marking of Personal Protective Equipment. We are Notified Body No 2019 for EC Type examination (Article 10), and for the supervision of EC Quality control systems for the final product (Article 11A) in accordance with the European Directive 89/686/EEC.
For articles 10 and 10A, the product range includes clothing and gloves, to provide protection against the following hazards:
• Heat & flame hazards
• Welding hazards
• Mechanical hazards
• Chemical hazards
• Firefighting hazards
• Static electricity
• High visibility clothing
• Cold and extreme cold hazards